Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Proud to be an American

On October 15, 2008
I took the Oath of Allegiance, to become a Citizen of the United States of America. A proud achievement, in my eyes. The most important right granted to United states citizen is the right to vote...will you be voting?

A very happy American girl at the ceremony

I'm proud to say that I love-LOVE my all American blue-eyed husband to pieces for always believing in me, and for giving me the stars, moon, ocean, My Sunshine (a.k.a Estella Louise)... I can seriously go on!


A proud husband and daughter. Pardon the wondering hand!

I'm proud that my parents being from Mexico, followed their dream to come to America, took the RISK to hike over the mountains (thirty-something years ago), to the land of opportunity, they did the right thing, and became legal citizen, so that they could give their children a better way of living... The Declaration of Independence states "That all men are created equal and have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", that was their dream for us...

yes, I'm proud to be an American!


2 comments:

Heather said...

You go girl! Tavo and I are both proud of you! We love you!

Michelle said...

I am so PROUD of you!