Monday, August 24, 2009

*@#%&!

Mrs. Peters in the "Seven Silly Eaters" by Mary Ann Hoberman (one of our favorite books).


A couple of months ago I was feeling like Mrs. Peters in this picture; I had piles of laundry to fold, dishes & pots galore in the sink, toys, art/craft stuff in & out of the house, golf hats & balls, dog hair every where I looked; our home was a mess.  I had neglected our home, due to the bad case of nausea and the travels we'd taken.

So, in results to feeling like I was in a tornado, my sweet-kind Mother asked what she could do to help.  Well, we got down and dirty, we scrubbed the floors and corners, which led to organizing; we started with the arts & crafts closet (looks so good, if I don't say so myself), then we moved on to Estella new bedroom, we painted walls, and hung pictures.  Baby's room is still in progress, my goal to get it done this week.  


Organized Arts & Crafts closet


The junk corner, work in progress... sigh

The kitchen came next, cabinets, refrigerator and pantry were emptied out, cleaned & reorganized. 

There was more painting, and furniture rearranged.  And now, somehow ? the projects keep coming--

For instance, to my surprise, last Monday the new fence installation started, and then all of a sudden we are working on an outdoor living space with a Fireplace (we're really excited about this one).  After this project is completed, I'm excited to say we're getting new carpet installed in main living room and bedrooms, Yay, horrid (current) carpet will finally be gone!


The new fence getting there 


Future home of outdoor living space & Fireplace

Since My Darling Jacob is on a roll, I kindly requested a remodel of the bathrooms... keep your fingers crossed for me :)

2 comments:

sdheather said...

Wow, Maria you have been busy. Everything is looking great and looking forward to seeing it all done.

Michelle said...

Exciting! You have got a nice case of "the nesting"