Saturday, February 20, 2010

Morning showers

This morning brought us light showers, which made our casita a little cold.

And in order to avoid turning the heater on (due to two nasty coughs), and because it really wasn't that cold. The oven begged that I make Irish soda bread, and in return made our house a little warmer and gave us a nice treat.



Estella, my little helper watched as the dough spun in the Kitchen Aid, and as I added more flour, it spun out of control, all over her.


A good laugh and a great way to start the day.



She then ran to get her binoculars (as she meant to find goggles), to avoid getting flour in her eyes again.


And as the bread baked, we tickled



and played with Victoria.

The master piece~

enjoyed with a little butter and homemade rhubarb jam

5 comments:

angie said...

is that the jam we gave you?

Maria said...

Angie! Hi :) yes, that's the jam you gave us, and it's the last of it... hint, hint :) I devoured the rest while I was prego, and this one I have I decided to shared, lol :) Hope you all are doing good!

sdheather said...

What cute pictures! LOVE, LOVE LOVE them...can't wait til Jaycee is old enough to help out in the kitchen. So much fun!

Michelle said...

Betty Crocker........seriously, you rock. If I had time to do any of that stuff - I wouldn't (that's why GOD invented Whole Foods, right?). You are so good!! Victoria is sooo darn cute. I want to eat her up.

Maria said...

Whole Foods is the best! We had lunch there last friday I like your Whole Foods better than mine though :)