Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Under the weather

Estella woke up with an ugly cough this morning (first cough in her life) and feeling "a little tired", she said.

I guess that's what happens when my sick niece, is kind enough to share her gum (right out of her mouth) with my kid.



So, we took it easy today; soaked up the warm sun and practiced covering our mouth when coughing & keeping our hands washed.

She wasn't tickled about having to stay away from her baby sister Victoria, but understood the importance of it. She actually stated "Mommy, I'm upset I can't play with my baby sister because I'm sick".


Kept Victoria away--



as we snacked al fresco and discussed the importance of a healthy diet and keeping our body hydrated.

Tonight I bathed her in a warm Eucalyptus bath, then massaged her little body with lavender oil. I hope this sickness passes us quickly and doesn't take any more victims in this household.

4 comments:

sdheather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sdheather said...

Oh we pray the sickness passes quickly...
Love that last picture of Estella..so sweet!

Michelle said...

Landon has had that "sickness" many times :( I always give him CAMU (very potent vitamin c) and then this SAMBUCUS - Elderberry, Echinacea and Propolis syrup. It's the Nature Way brank and it's all-natural. Baby Vicks on the chest helps too! Tis the season

Maria said...

YES, thank you for reminding me of those natural cures. I'm getting them today!