Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A taste of Beautiful Mexico I

My parents returned from from Mexico Sunday night, and in their arms were sacks of gifts from Guanajuato.  It felt like Christmas.

Check out these beauty's


A Sombrero for Jacob, he's so handsome in it. 

Muñeca (per Aaron, a.k.a creepy doll) for Estella.  These types of dolls are especially made for "Jueves de Corpus" a Mexican catholic celebration for the month of June.

A beautiful handmade table cloth, made by my aunt Lola, and a water jug for me. 

We also got some yummy cheese and "panbasos"(a thin bread roll, which you toast or fry.  They could be topped with whatever toppings you like)...

Inspired by The Pioneer woman cooks :)

I made Huevos rancheros out of them this morning.  

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like the taste of Mexico posts! That doll is cute although I can see where Aaron is coming from. I ove that table cloth!!!!!