Thursday, July 9, 2009

Was that a nod?

The ultrasound went really good, and Baby Reifer is doing GREAT.  
While the Doc concentrated on measuring baby body parts, I waited patiently for my turn to get a glimpse of our baby.  My Darling Jacob stood in front of me watching the Doc/ monitor and occasionally looking my way to give me a reassuring smile.

& finally, I got to see baby... wow, pretty amazing, if you ask me!  The baby looked perfect.  We observed head, strong heart, a full belly, a perfect little spine, a cute scene were the hand rested under the head, and a leg that was pushing on my full bladder (yeah, I really had to go).   

Then the big question was asked "Would you like to know the gender?" long pause--- "No!" I answered quickly.  Jake had been joking about only he finding out the baby's sex, and keeping it a secret, but I know eventually I would bug him, and he'd either give in, or mess with me the whole time, which can be annoying.  It's a good thing we both agreed on being surprised. 




After observing Baby Reifer for a while, he/she looked right into the monitor and nodded!  I tell you, looked right at us and nodded... what a social butterfly, must be the Reifer in he/ she (wink-wink)!


See the eyes looking at you?

We have 150 days to go, it feels like a small eternity, but as we all know, time flies!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the pictures Maria. Thanks so much for sharing. How exciting! I can't wait to meet Baby Reifer!