Thursday, March 5, 2009

Los Tres Amigos

TheUsual Suspects...
I said "Good-bye" to them for 40 days.

Amigo 1


Señor Cafe was my daily morning companion. His aroma was intoxicating to me, and his taste was Divine... we'd smile at the rising sun, sit and enjoy each others company as we browsed through cookbooks for the evening supper~ I miss him the most.




Amigo Dos




Señor Dessert, always-always put a big grin on my face. When those nasty PMS symptoms would arrive, this little buddy of mine always tamed the beast... all I gotta say is "Honey,watch out this month!"




Amigo Tres




Señor Pinor Noir
OK, lets get something straight, I'm not a Wino, but I do have to say that this Gentleman, AND a Gentleman he always was, would woo me at the end of a rough day~ relax me, if you will, with his alluring berry & black cherry aromas, and his velvety smooth texture. Pinor Noir was often enjoyed with a nice supper; supper just isn't the same.

So you see my friends, for lent I usually give up on Señor Dessert, but this year I decided to be an overachiever and give up on three of my favorite things... it's been 14 days without them, and let me tell you, yesterday was tough, today was better, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

The moral of the story "BABY STEPS"!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How I love this post - Let me count the ways!

You are so good!

Heather said...

I love this post also. You go girl!