Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spaghetti con crema

In respects to my New Years resolution on spending less money on groceries, and wasting less food, I pondered in front of the refrigerator wondering what I was going to cook for supper a couple nights ago...I bit my tongue, and refrained from asking Jake to take us out to dinner-- for I thought I couldn't do much with what I had found in our fridge. But to my surprise it was just what my taste buds were looking forward to that night.

I found the following in my pantry & fridge:
spaghetti, olive oil, shallots, garlic, 1/2 zucchini,
left over Portuguese sausage, left over tomato & basil pasta sauce,
whipping cream, & Parmesano

1. I heated 1 tablespoon olive oil, added shallots & garlic, cooked for about ten minutes.

2. I added chopped zucchini, a pinch of salt & pepper, and stirred.

3. I added chopped Portuguese sausage, stirred, and covered with lid. Cooked for about 10 minutes.

4. I then added the tomato & basil pasta sauce, stirred, added about 1/2 cup of whipping cream, stirred again. Covered with lid and let it simmered for about 20 minutes.

5. Meanwhile I cooked spaghetti al dente.

6. When pasta was ready, I poured it into to tomato & basil-cream sauce.

7. Served and grade Parmesano on top.



This dish was SO tasty I couldn't wait to have it for lunch the next day...seriously!

No comments: