Monday, March 30, 2009

Namaste

I've made a commitment to myself, and I feel so good about it, that I'm sharing it with you. Saturday mornings you will find me getting up at the crack of dawn to attend a yoga class that starts at 7:00 a.m.--- at my neighbors house, so, it's not so bad for me, since I only have to walk across the lawn. The session goes for an hour, and thus far there's been two sessions, I hope the sessions continue at my neighbors for a long-long time, for they are so convenient.



First session:
I felt totally uncoordinated and silly. Uncoordinated because I'm not an athlete, I'm a good runner, but that's it. Silly because I don't know the Yoga lingo/terminology, yet. I was constantly lifting my head to see what pose the instructor was posing (who btw is a great instrucor who guided me, a lot), and turning my head from side to side trying to see what my neighbors were doing, which made me lose my balance a lot of the time; that's probably why a couple days later my neck and shoulders were stiff & sore.



Second session:
I was a little more coordinated and felt less silly, the hour flew by. At the end of the session the word "Namaste" caught my attention, and I asked the instructor (feeling silly, since I didn't acknowledge it at the first session) "What does Namaste mean? she responded "To honor the true self in each of us, and recognize that all life is interrelated."--Nice!

I'm excited about my new venture... I feel reconnected with myself, it's been a long time since I have felt that way, because a lot of my energy went/goes to my Darling child, my Darling husband and on our business...which left/leaves very little time for me. BUT, the balance is very well on it's way, for this little lady.


Namaste!

No comments: